Friday, July 22, 2011

Just an Update

On Mutants and Magic
Unfortunately I'm going to put the Mutants and Magic developement on hold. Sort of.
My work schedule is just too crazy and I'm going to have to play something easier to work with.
Some day I will get back to it in some form, probably just going back to first edition AD&D and using exactly what Gygax wrote.
For now, I think I'm going to use the same general idea for the setting with Villains and Vigilantes.

At first I was concerned because almost every blog I follow is mainly about some edition of D&D or other old school games.
But then I thought, I have to do what I have to do in order to play something.
Villains and Vigilantes is "old school", right?
I know there are other gamers who enjoy super hero games and comic books in general.

On Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader
I've always liked the 40k background. I have a ton of the miniatures and another ton from other games as well.
I have Warhammer 40k first through fourth edition. I also have Dark Heresy, Inquisitor and Necromunda.
The funny thing is, I've only played Warhammer maybe three times in my life. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm the same way with role playing games. I collect them but rarely play anything. I need to do something about that.

Anyway, while thinking about the whole "not enough time, need something easy to play" thing mentioned earlier I was looking at my copy of Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader.
It was in really sad shape. The binding had seperated from the boards and there were pages falling out everywhere. I don't know how many hours I have spent reading through this book just for sheer entertainment.
How had I let it fall to this state of disrepair?


Yet not all hope was lost. I used some super sticky packing tape, the kind with threads running through it, and bound the pages back together at their spine. Then I carefully taped that body of pages back into the boards and reinforced the outer spine.
And the tome was made whole again. Praise the Emporer!
I'm not sure how long this repair will last or what the glue on the tape might do to the paper, but the fix is holding for now.

On Funny Little Figures


Adaptes Arbites. Think Judge Dredd...IN SPAAAAACE!
Imperial Army Commisar figure converted into an Arbites Marshal.
Zombies and other random bits converted into arco-flagellants.

No comments:

Post a Comment